About the Role
• Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements.
• Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
• Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability.
• Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
• Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems.
• Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
• Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery.
• Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
• Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
• Keep logs of work and report on issues
Proven experience as Mechanic
Ability and knowledge of construction equipment (asphalt, heavy equipment, etc)
Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
Very good communication skills
A problem-solving ability
Very good physical strength and stamina
High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus.
CDL license is a plus.
Must be able to lift over 40 pounds, climb, walk, stand for long periods of time.
About the Company
Pittman Construction Company is legally and morally committed to a policy that promotes the full realization of equal employment opportunity.
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading demotion or transfer, recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and on-the-job training.
Furthermore, while employed at Pittman Construction Company, no employee shall be subjected to any type of coercion for physical favors or sexual harassment.
Applicants are not guaranteed employment. Pittman Construction Company reserves the right to reject any applicant based on need and legal reasons.
All employees of Pittman Construction Company are employed at their own will and the will of the Employer, and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason and with or without cause or notice. Similarly, employees may terminate their employment with the Employer at any time, for any reason, and with or without cause or notice. The “at-will” employment relationship may not be altered except by the specific terms of a written contract of employment signed by the president of Pittman Construction Company prior to the commencement of employment.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Profit Sharing Plan
• 401K Plan