About the Role
The Estimator/Engineer with Project Manager experience in heavy highway construction will schedule, maintain quantity take-offs and assisting in project bids/estimating on transportation infrastructure projects. While this description itself may not seem so unique, Pittman Construction also seeks a candidate that can assist in the field with project management.
• Analyze and review construction documents: plans, addendums and specifications.
• Conduct project site visits and attend pre-bid meetings during the bidding process to learn scope of work and understanding of site conditions.
• Coordinate with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors and to obtain accurate pricing and availability of materials and services.
• Collaborate with estimating team in preparing accurate and competitive cost estimates for highway construction projects.
• Develop pre and post construction schedules based on project information provided in plans and specifications.
• Review and interpret project plans, specifications and other relevant documents to determine project constraints and needs.
• Meet with project managers, engineers and other key management to understand project scope and requirements.
• Work hands on independently as well as part of the estimating/project management team.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or an equivalent amount of work experience.
Experience in highway construction estimating, with a strong understanding of civil engineering principles and construction practices.
Knowledge of GDOT (Georgia Department of Transportation) specifications, standards and details preferred.
In-depth knowledge of industry specific software and tools for cost estimation; such as Excel, AutoCad, HCSS Heavy Bid, Bluebeam and Primavera P6.
Proficient in interpreting construction drawings, blueprints and technical documents.
Attention to detail.
Must be able to travel to on-site work locations as needed.
Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
Must be able to stand, drive and walk.
Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
Must be able to work nights and weekends when required.
Must have a clean driving record.
Georgia DOT project experience is preferred.
About the Company
Pittman Construction Company is legally and morally committed to a policy that promotes the full realization of equal employment opportunity.
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading demotion or transfer, recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and on-the-job training.
Furthermore, while employed at Pittman Construction Company, no employee shall be subjected to any type of coercion for physical favors or sexual harassment.
Applicants are not guaranteed employment. Pittman Construction Company reserves the right to reject any applicant based on need and legal reasons.
All employees of Pittman Construction Company are employed at their own will and the will of the Employer, and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason and with or without cause or notice. Similarly, employees may terminate their employment with the Employer at any time, for any reason, and with or without cause or notice. The “at-will” employment relationship may not be altered except by the specific terms of a written contract of employment signed by the president of Pittman Construction Company prior to the commencement of employment.
Must apply on company website: https://www.pittman-construction.com
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Profit Sharing Plan
• 401K Plan