About the Role
The 3D modeler will work in the Engineering/Estimating Department to create 3D machine control models for highway construction projects and provide support to the GPS grade control field operation.
• Prepares 3D machine control models for highway construction projects from CAD files and plan sheets using Carlson Construction with Intellicad and/or related Agtek software, to be compatible with Topcon equipment.
• Generate line work files and stake out points for use with construction staking for projects.
• Generate 3D surfaces of proposed highway construction projects.
• Review data for completeness, accuracy and conformity.
• Work with engineering staff to resolve design conflicts and make changes to machine control models.
• Assist with setting up base stations and loading models and files into data collectors and grading equipment for grade crews.
• Perform localization from existing survey control points using GPS equipment.
• Work with Engineering/Estimating department to assist with material and earthwork takeoffs as needed.
Strong understanding of GDOT (Georgia Department of Transportation) plans and general knowledge of highway construction.
Must have a minimum of 1-3 years' experience working with 3D machine control modeling and GPS equipment, preferably Topcon equipment.
Knowledge of Carlson Construction with Intellicad, Agtek and Topcon 3D office software a plus.
Attention to detail.
Must be able to travel to on-site work locations as needed.
Proficiency in reading and understanding plans and specifications.
Must have intermediate level in Microsoft Excel.
Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
Must be able to stand, drive and walk.
Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
Must be able to work nights and weekends when required.
Must have a clean driving record.
Georgia DOT project experience is preferred.
About the Company
Pittman Construction Company is legally and morally committed to a policy that promotes the full realization of equal employment opportunity.
It is the policy of this Company to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment without regard to their race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, or disability. Such action shall include: employment, upgrading demotion or transfer, recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, and on-the-job training.
Furthermore, while employed at Pittman Construction Company, no employee shall be subjected to any type of coercion for physical favors or sexual harassment.
Applicants are not guaranteed employment. Pittman Construction Company reserves the right to reject any applicant based on need and legal reasons.
All employees of Pittman Construction Company are employed at their own will and the will of the Employer, and are subject to termination at any time, for any reason and with or without cause or notice. Similarly, employees may terminate their employment with the Employer at any time, for any reason, and with or without cause or notice. The “at-will” employment relationship may not be altered except by the specific terms of a written contract of employment signed by the president of Pittman Construction Company prior to the commencement of employment.
Must apply on company website: https://www.pittman-construction.com
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Profit Sharing Plan
• 401K Plan